Ubley Primary School

Ubley Church of England Primary School

Ubley images

History

A brief history

Our school was founded by members of the local church congregation in 1876.  Originally, it was a one roomed building constructed of local Mendip stone and costing £314 to build. Twenty pupils were in attendance on the first day which ended at 3 o’clock with a grand celebration, led by the Brislington band,  attended by approximately 600 people!   

 

The school today

In addition to the original Victorian building our accommodation comprises of three further classrooms, a mezzanine floor and school offices.  We have attractive school grounds including a recently landscaped garden and additional play area. We benefit from the use of the village Glebe field and the Village Hall for physical education and recreation.

We are proud of the many opportunities on offer to our pupils.  We provide an exciting, stimulating, well resourced curriculum with many extra-curricular opportunities. We have dedicated, enthusiastic staff and school governors, and a supportive Parent Teacher Association.

 

Our most recent Ofsted report stated that:

“The school provides very good opportunities for personal, spiritual, moral, social and cultural development as well as an exciting curriculum, successfully encouraging pupils to be responsible, to behave very well, to get on very well  together and to work hard." 

 

A parent recently commented that:

“The school has a caring environment where children are respected as individuals”